Thursday, July 30, 2009

Okay, I lied...

I need a couple more days with the pictures....I have some, but they're not that impressive...


BIG NEWS!!! I PRESENTED IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE PNL!!! WOOO!!!!
I presented my entire project in front of the entire group of research assistants, summer students, and PhD's/M.D.'s....VERY INTIMIDATING....But I did it! and they said I was the most confident of any of the presenters! Dr. Shenton, director of the PNL, said that she was impressed that I, a high schooler, had done it so well (That made my day). And when you look at the fact that a whopping two out of my 6 projects actually were confirmed...Well, I was happy to take what I could get. And when I say I presented my project, I mean THE WHOLE THING. I'm talking excell spreadsheets with 13 sheets and 5000 rows by 43 columns compressed to a table and two slides with images....I'm kind of impressed with myself...I broke the project into 6 hypotheses and reported the scientific method (hypothesis, experimental method, results, discussion, etc.) for all of it. I also reported on schizophrenia itself, MRI scanning, and freesurfer (Which I explained to all of you before). I was pleased to say the least....It was about a month of work and the stuff I did came out of tons of drafts and refining and headaches (seriously...I plowed through a bottle of advil). To give an idea OF my presentation, (Which I will be showing at Brooks next year for all the other applicants) I'm posting an image straight from my powerpoint which I generated and labeled using the AMAZING freesurfer,




Check it out!




But yeah, the presentation was the final exam for my stay at the PNL, and I have to say it went pretty well. All that's left is the Psych exam next Monday ( which I need to study like a madman for) and then I'm done with SFS.....Which is surprisingly depressing...Again, 3 years of endless prep for this, and its almost over....Its really sad...I'm going to miss this so much (So much so that I asked to work next week even though my presentation is through-I REFUSE TO LEAVE!!!!)
But I think I'll take a break here....In case you can't tell, my ego grew over the summer; I need to go air it out..

No comments:

Post a Comment